Friday 6 June 2014

Online butcher - Great British Meat Co

With time being a luxury now with having a young family, shopping for food has become a little ad-hoc. As such, I decided to order some meat online. Having ordered meat online a few years ago and was not blown away with the offerings I decided to do some homework and see if others had a better experience than me and where they bought from. The answer is yes although you have to know where to go as just typing into goggle 'online butchers' could be Russian roulette.

I saw a lot of people having tried Great British Meat Co where pleased with what they received so had a look on there website. Their website is easy to navigate compared with some of the other online butchers websites and good photos and description of the various cuts.

As I came across a cut of meat I would sit and think of a recipe. I could have very easily got carried away. With a list of meats in my basket and recipes flying around inside my head I hit buy! Well i ordered:
Beef Burger        (Hoping for some sun this Bank Holiday weekend - BBQ!)
 2 x 113g/4oz
 2 x 170g/6oz
Bavette        (Pan fried with chips and maybe a bernase sauce)
 500g
Lamb Shanks        (Slowly cooked maybe in wine)
 2 x 567g/20oz
Pork Chops        (Pan fried)
 2 x 227g/8oz
Whole Pork Belly        (Confied and served with black pudding below)
 1kg
Beef Stir Fry Strips        (Chinese stirfry)
 500g
Black Pudding
 420g
Pork Sausages
 8 sausages
Smoked Back Bacon
 500g
Whole Chicken        (Indian one pot)
 1.4kg
Pork Ribs
 1kg
Duck Breasts
 2 x 320g

With just over 7kg of meat the total came to £60.

I had the order delivered to work so it wasn't left out all day. The packaging was very impressive and once opened everything was still nice and cool (see pics). Plus a nice hand written card welcoming me to Great Britich Meat Co as this was my first order.
























Having had a carnivorous few weeks and tried all the meats, would I order again... Yes. Obviously when time allows there is nothing better than a trip to the butchers. But as a better alternative to supermarkets this has to be it.

Order online from:
http://www.greatbritishmeat.com/

Few other online retails that are worth looking at were:
http://www.farmison.com/
http://www.pipersfarm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment